What is a Community?
- They are a group of 10+ peers who meet regularly, virtually or in-person, to hold discussions pertaining to shared interest and goals.
- Peer led – while one person typically takes ownership of collecting topics, setting meetings, and facilitating events, all members should contribute to generating topics and goals, and should consider owning any topics of interest or expertise.
- Communities will host a minimum of 1 event per year, and often meet virtually or in-person at least once per quarter.
Three Principles of a Community
- Trust: Confidentiality is key; what comes into the group should stay in the group.
- Commitment: Be present and commit to attending the Community events & sessions.
- Willingness to Share: Don't be afraid of sharing your own experience and expertise; each contribution is valuable to the group as a whole.
Connect with a Community Today!
Share your experiences with others.
- Encourage meaningful relationships with each other
- Expand your network
- Increase access to Colleagues, Mentors or Sponsors
- Promote technical, personal, and professional development
- Support each other through shared experiences